Why spend money on something when you can easily make it yourself, right? So here are 6 simple and easy DIY CHOKERS to add to your jewellery collection. Let’s get right into it.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
- Black velvet lace
- Black pattern Laces
- Red lace
- White and gold lace
- White chord/thin lace
- Chains (you can use chains from old necklaces)
- Ornaments (anything you can decorate the choker with)
- Fabric glue
- Threads (as per the colours of the laces)
The above mentioned items are the ones I used. You can go crazy with different pattern laces and decorative items.
- Measure the circumference of you neck and mark it on the velvet lace.
- Cut the lace 1 inch smaller than the marked length. This will leave space to attach the chains.
- Fold the ends of the lace inwards to achieve finishing and glue them. Let’s it dry.
- Stitch the chain on one end and hook on the other with needle and a suitable coloured thread.
- After stitching, you can decorate your choker with studs or flowers. (Secret: I used a rose hair pin to decorate…easy peasy!)
FESTIVE RED CHOKER
Repeat the same steps.
- Cut the lace according to the measurement of you neck.
- Attach the chain and hook by sewing them on the ends of lace.
WHITE & GOLD CHOKER
- Cut the lace after measuring your neck.
- Stick the ends after folding them inwards, with a fabric glue.
- Stitch the chain and hook with a white thread onto the ends
BLACK LACE CHOKER #1
- Cut the lace according to appropriate measurement.
- Stitch the chains with black thread. You can also use metal clamps instead of chain and hook.
BLACK LACE CHOKER #2
- Measure the circumference of you neck and cut the lace accordingly.
- Adjust the chain and hook as per the length needed.
- Stitch them on it with a needle and thread.
- Take a ribbon/chord about 4 times the measurement of you neck .
- Tie one tassel at each end with a knot.
- Stitch the free ends on with a needle and thread to secure the tassels.
- Encircle the ribbon once around you neck. Bring the ends in front. Tie the ends together in a knot at about halfway the whole length.
Happy choking! Oops, I mean happy accessorising!
watch the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7J0_r5fSGw
Click here for a super duper easy BROKEN NAIL HACK.