Tie and dye with ice is a very simple yet exciting method for creating statement pieces!
Ready made tapesteries can be very expensive, and finding one with a marble effect can be a difficult task. So, here are 6 simple steps to make it on your own:
FOR TIE AND DYE MARBLE TAPESTRY :
THINGS YOU’LL NEED:
- White cloth
- A stand for keeping the cloth
- A tray or container for collecting water
- Dye (powder/liquid) – in your choice of colour
- Take a white cloth and soak it in some water. I used a cotton cloth which was about 1-1.5 metres.
- Arrange the cloth on a stand which can drain the excess water down in the container.
- Lay ice cubes on top of the cloth.
- Use the light coloured dye first. Start dripping the dye on the ice carefully. Avoid pouring a huge amount of dye together in a single area to prevent a splotch. I had powder dye, so I mixed it in decent amount of water before hand.
- Add the darker colour of dye. I used blue dye first and then the black dye.
- Leave the setup undisturbed till all the ice melts.
- After the ice has melted, squeeze out extra water from the cloth. Dry the cloth and iron it. And you are ready with you masterpiece!
Recommended: make lip scrubs at home!
click here for the video!